Hi Friends, I had a couple of friends who wanted a few details about QTP certification. I have collected some of them. The details are given below.
If there is any one in our group who has taken up the QTP certification please let us know... Also if you have more details on QTP certification please post them here

Here are the details of the exam:

Name of the exam:QuickTest Professional 9.0 CPC exam
Exam Code: HP0-M16
Certification Provider : HP
Cost : 60$ TO 150$ (i am not clear of the price as it has been listed as 60 in one 150 in another)

Syllabus: Document Attached

For more details on the procedure of how to apply for this exam, pls visit, http://h10017.www1.hp.com/certification/americas/active_exams.html?...

The prometric site http://www.register.prometric.com/Index.asp?tcl=1 is the place where you would have to register and schedule the exam.
You would also have to get a HP student id for this process.
In Bangalore they have exam centers at 5 to 6 centers. I have listed 2 here... You can call them to get more details.

1. RENAISSANCE INFOTECH PVT. LTD.
BANGALORE, Karnataka 560055
Phone: 23449427 Site Code: II66

2. NIIT (BANGALORE) LTD
BANGALORE, Karnataka 560025
Phone: 25599379 Site Code: II8

Tags: Certification, QTP

Views: 6409

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Girish,
I am planning to appear for test in next month, Please share some sample papers, Thank you!
You can also mail me at - gawai_sanjay1@rediffmail.com

plz send the QTP sample papers to my mail id : srinivasan7278@gmail.com

Hi Girish, 

Thank you for the information., 

Could you plz send the sample papers to mallikdatester@gmail.com

Thanks in advance., 

Hi Rajathi,

While I do not wish to discourage your efforts about QTP certification ... have you people thought about the objectives of getting QTP certified? I guess it could be any one of following ....
1. Gain from QTP certification stamp that will enhance the marketability of the resume hence chance of getting job in QTP automation space.
2. I am asked by the client or by my manager to do this ... my company will sponsor this ...
3. To gain knowledge about QTP and Automation in general so that I can do better in what I am currently doing ... I would like to go up in the level of understanding QTP...

It seems that objectives 1 and 2 is reasonable ... might work .... if you are objective is 3 - I think ... there are other options than going for certification .... I suggest not spend money on such things ....

For those who have not decided about objective or have objectives other than the ones stated here ....think about it now ...

It is only a suggestion .... it is your call....

Shrini
Hi shrini,

what are your objectives of working as a tester (in general "job")?
To be a good tester, what are the qualities one should have?
What one will loose if they clear the qtp certification?
Tell me one best way to filter out the crowd?
How to optimise interview process?

vijay...
Vijay,

I will defer answering others little later as they would be some generalization of my personal value system ( what is important to me personally - might not be of any interest to others ... at times might be boring or irritating)

>>>> what are your objectives of working as a tester (in general "job")?
Will answer later in detail ....what bothers me is your mention of the word "job" -- that might be too personal to discuss in such forums. Can share yours so that I can have a sample to look at?

>>> To be a good tester, what are the qualities one should have?
A lot has been written about it ... I do not believe in such simple menu .. do 1, 2 ...10 to be a good tester ... I suggest you to read blogs and writings of Jerry Weinberg, Cem Kaner, James Bach, Michael Bolton, Jonathan Kohl, Mike Kelly and others --- also blogs and writings of people who disagree with the first group has to say .
One quality I quickly recall is ... child like curiosity about the anything and everything about the world around you. but this is one of many qualities ...

>>>What one will loose if they clear the qtp certification?
Nothing or probably some money (of their company is not sponsoring or if the fail the exam)....
My response to this thread was more about making people aware of their objectives of taking up the test, I just wanted to tell them that if they are taking certification (for a cost !!!) for enhancing their market value of the resume or as a sales tool ... they are just fine. That is one way ("paid" way) of doing so. If they are doing it for knowledge gaining... it may not be the most cost effective way of doing ....

My message is "distinguish between "enhancing resume value" and "gaining knowledge". Unfortunately in case of QTP certification (generally true for any certification for that matter) - these two are different things. most of the people do not know that ..

>>>>Tell me one best way to filter out the crowd?
I am not sure what are you asking ... filter our the crowd? where? for what? where is the crowd?

>>> How to optimise interview process?
This begs a followup question - what do you mean by "optimize" ? I remember seeing some discussions on this forum about interviewing ... check out them ...Did you google?

Shrini
Hi shrini,

>>Can share yours so that I can have a sample to look at?
No, i will not be sharing it, what is important to me personally - might not be of any interest to others ... at times might be boring or irritating.

>> I do not believe in such simple menu .. do 1, 2 ...10 to be a good tester
Even me too.. i don't even believe that i don't need certification because i am a smart tester.

>> My message is "distinguish between "enhancing resume value" and "gaining knowledge".
Shouldn't we believe in these exams? When you gain the knowledge, you will score accordingly and don't you think in turn it will enhance your resume? And i don't always expect a return on investment.. In life we don't always get the return on investments or we shouldn't expect that from everything.. i am an optimist, not a pessimist.. I never thought like what if i won't clear CBSE? what if i won't clear 12th and what if i won't clear B.E? What if i never get a job? why i need to go through the exams once in an year which doesn't examine my knowledge, my ethics, morals, my thoughts, my overall personality? It's how scaling system works for everyone and not me alone.

>>filter our the crowd? where? for what? where is the crowd?
If there is a position for QTP vacant in your office and if you get CV's in 1000's, how will you short list some of the CV's? If your client wants QTP Certified testers only, then you will reject that project or try to make him understand that certification is not important but knowledge.

>>This begs a followup question - what do you mean by "optimize" ? I remember seeing some discussions on this forum about interviewing ... check out them ...Did you google?
Optimize(in this sentence, it's selecting a good candidate in less time and less amount spent) the cost involved in selecting a suitable candidate for the job available. regarding checkingout and googling about interviewing, i had a long discussion with you longback.. I think may be you don't remember that but i do..

Vijay...
>>>Can share yours so that I can have a sample to look at?
>>>No, i will not be sharing it, what is important to me personally - might not be of any interest to others ... at times might be boring or irritating.

Thank you very much ... I think you answered your own question very well.

>>>>> I do not believe in such simple menu .. do 1, 2 ...10 to be a good tester
>>>Even me too.. i don't even believe that i don't need certification because i am a smart tester.

Good choice ... all the best.

>>>Shouldn't we believe in these exams?
I believe in those exams where my skill is tested not my memorizing skills (memorizing a set of vocabulary). I am pained to see most of education system is spoiled by focusing on memorizing stuff ... there is little focus on learning/questioning. I still remember mugging up derivation of mathematical formulae, I did not question them ... then ... I should have ....I think. Memorizing helps to some extent but learning by understanding what you memorize will write information more sticky. I never enjoyed memorizing English poems .... even now ...probably as I did not understand the poetry.

It is your personal choice to believe or not believe in *any* exam. If it helps you to achieve some goals and you are convienced about cost vs value proposition - Go for it.

>>>When you gain the knowledge, you will score accordingly and don't you think in turn it will enhance your resume?

That is the whole point I am trying to make. Do not confuse scoring and gaining knowledge. These at many times are mutually exclusive. Scoring always does not mean knowledge gained and gaining knowledge does not lead to high score. It seems that in your personal experience that was true hence you associate two in same way. I don't. Many folks who dropped out of the school every early were brilliant thinkers. Many who topped every exam they took could stand in job market.

If you think that knowledge = scoring in exams = enhance value in resume ... I don't agree.

>>>>And i don't always expect a return on investment.. In life we don't always get the return on investments or we shouldn't expect that from everything..

That is great !!! My point was more to do with investing in certification based on the expectations. If you don't have any objectives or expectations for a a task such as "certification" -- you can just go ahead and try. I suggestion was "focus on the what you want to get out of certification and plan accordingly". I personally do not confuse certification/exam and knowledge.

>>.i am an optimist, not a pessimist.. I never thought like what if i won't clear CBSE? what if i won't clear 12th and what if i won't clear B.E? What if i never get a job? why i need to go through the exams once in an year which doesn't examine my knowledge, my ethics, morals, my thoughts, my overall personality? It's how scaling system works for everyone and not me alone.

Question was never about optimism or pessimism. the question was "should invest in anything without explicitly thinking about what you are expecting out of it".

>>>If your client wants QTP Certified testers only, then you will reject that project or try to make him understand that certification is not important but knowledge.

If you are manager or someone whose job is to supply resources to clients, then you have a specific objective of getting your folks certified for QTP. There is an objective. I am not sure, if say here that I am getting my folks certified because they gain knowledge ... but you might be getting the certification your folks because clients want it. By insisting that you shall give them *only* certified folks, client has taken burden of choosing the candidates on behalf of you. That will make your job easy. Tomorrow, if the client has cribs about "skill" of any certified resource (ideally they should not as they certified folks with them) - you can simply say ... everyone is equal in QTP skill that they all are certified and scored above certain cut off score. Instead you ask client if he doubts the certification itself...

How do I deal with this kind of situation myself - I will ask client about their objectives and check if I have any option to advise them. If I dont have any option but to only supply certified folks - I would warn the client - "By insisting on certified folks - you have taken the responsibility of picking the candidates. Do not come back later with any skill related issue ... I will supply all certified people to you."

>>> Optimize(in this sentence, it's selecting a good candidate in less time and less amount spent) the cost involved in selecting a suitable candidate for the job available.
I don't think there is any simple recipe about optimized interviews. It is a tough job. In most of my personal experiences, I have used skill based questions and exercises. I avoided questions that focused on memory recall - as that method can be easily "countered". Another trick I used in the interviews is to "throw" an ambiguous situation to the candidate and ask the candidate to ask me questions (testing is questioning ... right?). I judged the candidates on types of questions they asked.

I am not able to recollect discussion about interviews....sorry ...

Shrini
hi shrini,

i am interested in short listing a candidate for an interview and not the type of questions one should ask in the interview. What if you find more than 10000 cv's only for 5 positions available?

Do you think, if one doesn't know answer to your questions during interview he may be not a good candidate for that job? Don't you think you judge some one depending on your expectations? Any better solutions for judging a candidate with optimisation (optimisation in this case would be spending less time n money on selecting a good candidate) in mind?

Vijay...
>>>i am interested in short listing a candidate for an interview and not the type of questions one should ask in the interview.

Shortlisting .... Try this ... formulate 2-3 problems related to work that candidates would be expected to do on job... mail the problem to all and ask them to reply. You would need to skim through the answers about 2-3 minutes a response and pick the ones that provide interesting answer (not necessarily the correct answer).

This however, requires that you spend at least 2000-3000 minutes in short listing.

I am afraid, nothing comes to my mind at this point of time - a quickest way to pick about 10 resumes out of 1000 for 5 QTP engineer roles (ruling out any automated sampling based on keywords in the resume or any similar techniques)

>>>> Do you think, if one doesn't know answer to your questions during interview he may be not a good candidate for that job?

That is a great question ... I have learned after several painful experiences both as interviewer and interviewee that - answers to questions in the interview should not be the sole criterion for selection. In one instance, I selected a candidate who did not answer any of questions in a way I wanted him to answer but candidate showed a different approach the problems than mine. At times I relied on my hunch to pick the candidate ....and luckily I was right on 80% times. Interview should me more like conversation where the candidate shares (not merely answers the questions) his/her experiences about work, likes/dislikes, stand on key issues and challenges related to work and profession in general.

Candidates' keenness in knowing, learning, questioning and taking different view point is some thing at attracts me.

>>>Don't you think you judge some one depending on your expectations?
Yes... and that is fair as long as I am the hiring manager (the person recruited reports to me). I know what I would expect out of the candidate. If I am doing interview for someone - I would ask their expectations.

>>> Any better solutions for judging a candidate with optimisation
I hope you are not talking about shortlisting..... judging a human is tough job ... that too in a short time. Direct (face to face) interviews are best -- watch the candidate. The non verbal signs and everything the candidate does - can be useful ways of knowing the candidate.

Shrini
Hi friend,
Did u know any center in chennai,pls replay....
Thirumaal,
Check with your local NIIT centers!! They should be having it for sure
--Rajathi

RSS

© 2014   Created by Test Republic.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service